Let Us Be Your Outside General Counsel
Most large businesses have an in-house attorney who is the company’s “general counsel”—an attorney that the owners and operators rely on to help them resolve the myriad day-to-day problems their businesses faces. Smaller companies, however, generally cannot afford to hire a full-time attorney to work in-house.
In an effort to bring the benefits of an in-house attorney to you, we have developed an the ELR Outside General Counsel Program. Through this program, you commit to pre-pay for a certain number of hours of attorney time each month in exchange for which you will receive a discount of up to 20% off our normal hourly rates. (Our rates currently range from $250 to $325 per hour, depending on the matter and the experience level of the attorney involved.) You may pre-purchase two, five, or ten hours per month, and must commit to stay in the plan for a certain time period. Savings increase the more hours you choose and the longer your commitment, as do other benefits.
Things you can use the ELR Outside General Counsel Program for include:
- Drafting transactional documents.
- Attending your corporate board meetings.
- Auditing your business’ employment practices, such as hiring and firing practices, employee handbooks, and procedures for dealing with claims of discrimination.
- Telephone conferences to discuss day-to-day operations.
- Updating of corporate minutes, and review of corporate practices to avoid claims of piercing the corporate veil.
- Planning and executing an estate plan for the business owners.
- Discussing outstanding debts owed to the business by individuals and businesses, and putting together a plan to collect the debts and keep people from falling behind in the future.
- Reviewing your business’ intellectual property assets, and evaluation of your practices for protecting them.
- Auditing your company contracts, including reviews to ensure that they contain standard commercial terms that will protect your business.
- Negotiating business contracts with vendors, employees, customers, suppliers, and distributors.
- Planning for succession of the business, from current owners to future (whether employees, family members, or an outside buyer).
Although you may use the program to have our attorneys help you negotiate a resolution to a business dispute, time purchased under the plans may not be used for filed and pending litigation. Here are the specifics of each package:
Other terms and conditions apply. Contact us today to learn more about how to hire L&W attorneys to serve as your ELR Outside General Counsel.